Digital payments and unattended retail technology provider Cantaloupe Inc. has teamed up with Hivery, a data-science company that specializes in deploying artificial intelligence to streamline category management for retailers in CPG industry.
Hivery's Enhance, a user-friendly AI and machine learning solution, will be available to Cantaloupe Seed customers through its integration with the Seed platform. Enhance is expected to make Seed Pro and Seed Office an "even more intelligent tool for customers." Cantaloupe boasts more than 20,000 customers.
Cantaloupe chief executive Sean Feeney underscored the relationship between accurate data insights and sales. “Our partnership with Hivery provides our customers with enhanced intelligent solutions driven by artificial intelligence and machine learning to react to the way consumers shop and drive increased sales.”
The new integration should offer vending operators using Seed the following benefits:
- Data sharing between Seed and Hivery Enhance. For existing Seed customers, this offers an easy way to get these capabilities through Cantaloupe without having to integrate third-party tools.
- Automatic and enhanced machine merchandising decisions from connecting AI/ML to operations sales data.
- Increased revenue from prescribing a more desirable product selection based on consumer behavior.
- Smarter coil allocations derived from predictive analytics on sales data.
- A reduction in restocking trips.
- Dynamic tools to merchandise machines at scale, across large operations.
"Hivery Enhance delivers powerful new product recommendations and targeted space-to-sales optimization using proprietary artificial intelligence algorithms to boost top-line revenue and improve operations efficiency," explained Hivery chief executive Jason Hosking.