United Natural Foods Inc. (NYSE: UNFI) this week reported a net sales increase for the first quarter of fiscal 2022, ended Oct. 30, 2021.
UNFI first-quarter fiscal 2022 highlights (compared with Q1 2021)
- Net sales of $7 billion, an increase of 4.7% (10.7% on a two-year stack basis).
- Net income of $76 million, an increase of $77 million.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $189 million, an increase of 18.9%.
- Earnings per diluted share (EPS) of $1.25.
- Adjusted EPS of $0.97, an increase of 90.2%.
- Company affirms fiscal 2022 full-year outlook.
- Credit ratings upgraded by both Moody’s and S&P.
Headquartered in Providence, RI, UNFI is a leading food wholesaler delivering products to customers throughout North America. Clients include natural product superstores, independent outlets, traditional supermarket chains, e-commerce retailers and foodservice.