Vending Machine Did Not Explode, Start Fire In Nevada School

Sept. 16, 2013

A vending machine in the Spanish Spring High School in Nevada was originally blamed for an explosion, which set off the sprinkler and resulted in the school being evacuated recently, according to KOLO 8 news. After an in-depth investigation, authorities report that a student hung a backpack on a sprinkler. The sprinkler malfunctioned, releasing water into the vending machine, which shorted out sending out sparks and smoke, but did not explode. Full article.