SAN ANTONIO, TX--(Marketwired - June 11, 2015) - Compass Intelligence announced today that its latest set of reports on Cellular IoT Forecast for Business and Consumer is available for purchase. These reports will provide details on various applications and vertical markets for business and consumer IoT solutions. These reports provide detailed forecasts for each application and vertical market (both connections and revenues). For details on the reports and to learn more, please click here.
There are 2 sets of reports that are available for purchase. The first set is a quarterly forecast for IoT by vertical market and application area (both business and consumer). The data range for this forecast is from Q4 2014 thru Q4 2017. The second set is an annual forecast for cellular IoT connections and revenues by vertical market and application area (business and consumer). This forecast is available thru 2020.
With these data sets, clients can purchase the master spreadsheet that includes all verticals and applications. Each report is available for $19,995. If clients prefer to have just certain verticals and/or applications, these reports will be available for $1,495 each. Alternatively, clients may purchase one of our annual service plans (ASPs) which will provide access to all of these reports and future quarterly forecasts for a period of 12 months. Details about our ASPs can be found here. In addition to access to these timely and vital data sets, clients can enjoy access to business decision-maker and consumer surveys, analyst inquiry and briefings or workshops with our senior research team.
"The IoT market is revealing itself to really focus on businesses, rather than consumers," states Keith Robinson, Director of M2M & IoT Research & Consulting. "While consumer applications can help companies create buzz and media coverage, the real money to be made in IoT is with businesses. To be successful in the industry, vendors and service providers must work with Enterprise management software powerhouses to develop solutions that integrate all aspects of a business with IoT."
- Overall IoT Connections (Cellular) to grow from 42.0 million connections at the end of 2014 to 203.1 million connections in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 30 percent.
- Business IoT Connections (Cellular) to grow from 20.3 million connections at the end of 2014 to 145.6 million connections in 2020 at a CAGR of 37.7 percent.
- In 2014, the largest applications were fleet tracking and portable asset tracking combining for almost 9 million connections.
- In 2020, retail applications such as vending, PoS, transaction terminals and digital signage are expected to be the largest applications with the expectation of more advertising and the need for quick updates to content.
- Consumer IoT Connections (Cellular) to grow from 21.7 million connections at the end of 2014 to 57.5 million connections in 2020 at a CAGR of 17.7 percent.
- In 2014, connected car (OEM telematics) was the largest application with over 8.7 million cellular connections.
- In 2020, smart home and alarm monitoring solutions are expected to be the largest application.
- Industrial IoT
- Industrial IoT includes applications such as industrial automation and building automation. These solutions are expected to grow rapidly over the next 5 years with CAGR exceeding 60 percent. This is the biggest area of focus for MNOs, industrial vendors and service providers as it presents them with a tremendous growth opportunity from upgrading existing infrastructure.