Ferrero North America, a fast-growing confections manufacturer in the U.S., revealed new products and seasonal offerings including Kinder Chocolate at the Annual Sweets & Snacks Expo in Chicago. The announcement reinforces Ferrero's focus on category growth through product innovations and expanded offerings from its power brands.
"Over the past five years, Ferrero has launched several disruptive, top tier innovations in the market, such as Kinder Joy, Kinder Bueno, Ferrero Rocher Tablets, as well as seasonal products that have delivered incremental sales, units and profitability to the confections category," Jim Klein, chief customer officer, Ferrero USA, said in the announcement. "With this year's lineup, our customers and consumers should expect the same level of disruptive innovation that will continue to deliver incremental sales and units by attracting new consumers, enabling Ferrero to continue growing the confections category."
Kinder Chocolate, arriving in U.S. stores this August, is a milk chocolate bar with creamy, milky filling. According to the company announcement, this treat has reached more than $500 million in retail sales since it came to America. In 2017, Ferrero introduced the unique treat-and-toy Kinder Joy to parents in the U.S. The more upscale, "everyday premium" bar Kinder Bueno made its U.S. debut in 2019 and has since grown into a $209 million brand in North America, reaching more than 13 million households. In 2020, Kinder launched chocolate seasonal items, which has been steadily growing year over year.
"Kinder, Tic Tac, and our other iconic brands continue to excite current fans and attract new ones with smart, quality innovations," Catherine Bertrac, senior vice president marketing, Kinder and Mainstream Chocolate, at Ferrero USA. "We are thrilled to bring new treats like Kinder Chocolate to America and continue building on our tremendous momentum."
Other new products announced by Ferrero include:
- Kinder Chocolate Mini Friends, individually wrapped treats with classic Kinder taste and festive seasonal graphics that are designed for sharing, treating and decorating. Available for the 2023 holiday and 2024 Easter seasons.
- Ferrero Rocher Golden Eggs: Made up of layers of crunchy hazelnut pieces, refined chocolate, and exquisite creamy filling, Ferrero Rocher Golden Eggs offer a wonderful multisensorial taste experience to delight during the Easter season. Available in milk, white, and dark chocolate.
- Ferrero Rocher Hollow Egg: Made with deliciously smooth milk chocolate and crunchy hazelnut pieces, Ferrero Rocher Hollow Eggs are the perfect seasonal item for gifting during the Easter season.
- Keebler Chips Deluxe Fudgy: A delicious new cookie made with sweet Chocolatey Chips and indulgent Fudge Chunks, this innovation will help you discover how Chip Deluxe Fudgy excites senses in every bite. Available nationwide this summer.
- Royal Dansk Danish Butter Cookies Carton Box: Get your favorite butter cookies all year long at select retailers near you. Enjoy the iconic pretzel, vanilla ring, coconut style, and country style cookie to accompany tea, coffee, or simply a moment of sweet satisfaction. This product contains two foil wrapped trays to keep cookies fresh and will be available in January 2024.
Driven by the success and innovation of its iconic brands, Ferrero continues to expand and invest in the United States. A new chocolate processing facility and a Kinder Bueno production line are currently under construction at the company's manufacturing center in Bloomington, Illinois. An Innovation Center including new R&D labs is set to open this year in Chicago's historic Marshall Field Building.