April 22, 2018— The Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) is proud to announce the winners of the Best New Product Awards at the 2018 Specialty Coffee Expo in Seattle. The Best New Product Awards, a long-running feature of Expo, recognize new products judged on their quality and value to the specialty coffee and tea industry. Ten different product categories are evaluated and a winner is declared in each category. Additionally, judges selected the Best Booth and Best Pop-Up Café winners of this year’s event.
The 2018 Best New Product winners are:
- Coffunity: Technology / Best of Show
- Ground Control: Commercial Coffee or Tea Preparation and Serving Equipment
- Breville: Consumer Coffee or Tea Preparation and Serving Equipment (Electrical)
- Soma: Consumer Coffee or Tea Preparation and Serving Equipment (Non-Electrical)
- Detpak: Coffee Accessories
- Dona Chai: Specialty Beverage Stand Alone
- Pacific Foods: Specialty Beverage Flavor Additive
- Savor Brands: Packaging
- LalCafe: Open Class
The 2018 Best Booth / Best Pop-Up Café winners are:
- Smith Teamaker (Booth #2026): Single Booth Category
- Barista 22 (Booth #2310): 10X20 Category
- Daterra Coffee (Booth #2201): Sustainability Category
- Rancillo (Booth #927): Multiple Booths Category
- Coffee House by Chef’n (Booth #320): First Time Exhibitor Category
- China, Portrait Country (Booth #827): Best Island Category
- Campos (Skybridge): Best Pop Up 1 Category
- La Marzocco (Skybridge): Best Pop Up 2 Category
A listing of the Best New Product Award winners can be found on the Specialty Coffee Expo website at http://coffeeexpo.org/awards/.
About Best New Product
The Best New Product Competition and Display recognizes new products judged on their quality and value to the specialty coffee and tea industry. Award trophies are presented to the winners of exhibiting companies during the Specialty Coffee Expo. Learn more at http://coffeeexpo.org/awards/.
About the Specialty Coffee Association
The SCA is a trade association built on foundations of openness, inclusivity, and the power of shared knowledge. From coffee farmers to baristas and roasters, our membership spans the globe, encompassing every element of the coffee value chain. SCA acts as a unifying force within the specialty coffee industry and works to make coffee better by raising standards worldwide through a collaborative and progressive approach. Dedicated to building an industry that is fair, sustainable, and nurturing for all, SCA draws on years of insights and inspiration from the specialty coffee community. For more information, please visit www.sca.coffee.