Zippin, a leading provider of checkout-free technology, is introducing Zippin Lane, a new turnkey solution that enables retailers and concessionaires to deploy checkout-free stores in under a week.
More than 20 Zippin Lanes have already opened this year, including nine locations at major NFL venues in the last month: Nashville's Nissan Stadium is now home to five Zippin Lanes, while Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas has unveiled four new stores.
"The frictionless retail economy is gaining momentum as shoppers, fans and travelers demand easier, faster, and more convenient ways to get things done," Krishna Motukui, Zippin co-founder and CEO, said in the announcement. "We see a big opportunity to maximize underused space in numerous locations from narrow concourses in venues and airports, to high-traffic walkways on college campuses. Zippin Lane is our answer to the surging demand to quickly deploy frictionless retail experiences."
Benefits of Zippin Lane include:
- Faster time to market: Checkout-free is now easier and quicker for retailers to deploy. A store can be up and running in one week once the site is ready.
- Optimize real estate: At an average of 240 square feet, site owners can easily transform underutilized or empty concourse spaces into highly profitable stores.
- Maximize sales: The ease and speed of shopping encourages purchases, while the improvements in inventory management and increased throughput enable a big increase in SKUs offered.
Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas, is already experiencing strong ROI, including:
- 66% increase in speed of service.
- 45% increase in sales for the same space (a traditional stand) when compared to last year.
- >30% increase in the number of product SKUs offered.
"Las Vegas is a global destination for sports and entertainment," Sandra Douglass Morgan, president of the Las Vegas Raiders, added in the announcement. "Deploying these four Zippin Lanes with our partner, Levy, for the start of the NFL season was a large segment of our commitment to constantly improve the fan experience at Allegiant Stadium. The innovative design allows our guests to enjoy the benefits of frictionless shopping, while we experience increased throughput for every event."
The introduction of Zippin Lane to Zippin's product lineup is the latest step in the company's mission to accelerate the adoption of checkout-free commerce. Zippin is meeting the needs of today's operators and partners who want to provide the latest technology and innovation to their customers while operating in a challenging labor market. The company offers a variety of flexible approaches including retrofits, new store construction and now Zippin Lane.