General Mills announced a voluntary recall of a limited number of Cascadian Farm Granola Bars containing peanuts. This action is being taken as a precaution because peanut pieces in the products may have been sourced from Sunland, Inc., a peanut supplier that recently expanded its recall of peanut ingredients.
This voluntary recall includes 6-count boxes of Cascadian Farm Peanut Butter Chip Chewy Granola Bars with the following "Better if Used By" dates printed on the top of the box:
Because this product was produced in February, it may no longer be on store shelves.
Consumers are urged to check their pantries for these two "Better if Used By" dates. Consumers are also urged to dispose of any Cascadian Farm Granola Bar products containing peanuts that are past the "Better if Used By Date" printed on the box. These products include:
- Cascadian Farm Sweet & Salty Peanut Pretzel Bars
- Cascadian Farm Sweet & Salty Mixed Nut Granola Bars
- Cascadian Farm Peanut Butter Chip Chewy Granola Bars
- Cascadian Farm Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chewy Granola Bars
- Cascadian Farm Trail Mix Dark Chocolate Cranberry Chewy Granola Bars
No illnesses have been reported in connection with Cascadian Farm products. No other varieties or production dates of Cascadian Farm products are affected by this recall.