DEERFIELD, Ill., Oct. 29, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mondelēz International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) today reported its third quarter 2019 results.
"We are pleased to report another quarter of strong top-line growth, continuing the momentum of the first half, enabling us to further increase our outlook for the year. Our strategy to accelerate growth by focusing on the consumer, driving operational excellence and unlocking the potential of our local business units is delivering good results from both local and global brands," said Dirk Van de Put, Chairman and CEO.
Key Strategic Initiatives
The company continued to make good progress against the strategies of accelerating consumer-centric growth, driving operational excellence and building a winning growth culture. Examples from the quarter included:
- Expansion of Channels and Key Markets: winning in fast-growing channels and markets worldwide including gaining share in alternative channels like Discount and Club in the U.S. and reaching the next level of distribution in China where the company's biscuits and gum products are now sold by 1.5 million and 1 million stores respectively.
- Investment in Global and Local Brands: continuing strong growth on global brands and meaningful growth on local jewels including in Russia where reigniting Jubilee and Dirol is contributing towards revenue growth and share gains.
- New Brand Playbook: enhancing the connection between the company's brands and consumers through increasingly purpose-driven marketing including a new activation of our Generosity campaign on Cadbury and encouraging consumers to "Unleash the Strength from Within" with our local jewel Biskuat in Indonesia.
- Marketing & Sales Excellence: continuing to demonstrate best-in-class commercial execution in key markets around the world including seasonal activations for Rakhi in India and Mid-Autumn Festival in Southeast Asia.
- World-Class Supply Chain: delivering productivity savings across the supply chain through cost discipline, strategic investment and operational excellence in procurement.
- Local First Culture: driving relevancy with local consumers in key markets like China, targeting Generation Z through digital campaigns on Stride gum.
- Growth Mindset: developing on-trend innovation through the company's SnackFutures hub including trialing a new range of cacao-fruit plant-based products.