Performance Food Group Company (PFG) released its 2022 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report. The annual report highlights the company’s progress toward its ESG goals that focus on areas important to the business and its stakeholders.
Highlights of PFG’s 2022 ESG report include progress made on the company’s ESG goals previously shared in the 2021 ESG report:
- Introduction of a new ESG goal to reduce greenhouse gas emission intensity.
- Introduced 10 net-zero emission refrigeration trailers at the Gilroy, California, location with more planned in the future.
- Introduced a Preferred Purchasing Policy that rewards suppliers with ESG-related action plans and commitments.
- Increased spend with MWVBE vendors by 7% and became a corporate member of the National Minority Supplier Development Council, Women’s Business Enterprise National Council, National LGBT Chamber of Commerce and National Veteran-Owned Business Association.
- Launched the first enterprise-wide Associate Resource Groups (ARG), Women of PFG. PFG launched its Black Inclusion Group (BIG) ARG in fiscal 2023 and the company plans to introduce more ARGs in the future.
“It’s exciting to see that we furthered our progress and commitment towards achieving the ESG goals we initially shared in 2021,” Craig Hoskins, PFG president and chief operating officer, said in the announcement. “We understand that our continued success as an industry leader depends on being good stewards of the environment and supporting our communities. Our ESG strategies and positive results are a significant step toward creating meaningful change and will help guide us as we make a tangible difference in the communities where we live and work.”
For more details on PFG’s ESG efforts and progress made toward its 2030 goals, view the 2022 ESG Report.