Dole Packaged Foods LLC announced plans to accelerate the 170-year-old company's transformation into a purpose-led, nutrition and wellness company in 2023. This transformation will be driven by a newly formed leadership team in North America composed of four women, a mix of recently hired and tenured executives with extensive background and expertise in the areas of brand building and product development.
The team will bring to market 11 new launches in 2023, crafting great-tasting products without processed sugars, increasing access to fruit-based nutrition, decreasing food waste, working to reduce plastic and carbon emissions, and growing value for all Dole partners and stakeholders.
Dole is launching new innovations across every category – snacking, beverages, ingredients and frozen treats – and entering new categories like functional supplements and probiotic sodas under a new brand.
The team brings years of global experience from CPG companies such as Grupo Bimbo, Johnson & Johnson, Colgate-Palmolive, and Nestle. Senior vice president and managing director Orzse Hodi, who joined Dole in 2021, leads the team in the U.S. Hodi is joined by Nora Witt and Jennifer Hirano who lead the marketing function, and Kimberly Galante who leads R&D. Hodi and her team collaborate globally with vice president of category development, Peewee Dizon, and senior director of Dole Ventures, Barbara Guerpillon.
New product innovations include:
- Snacks: Bringing healthier snacking options to adults and kids alike, Dole will roll out Dole Good Crunch, sustainably produced dehydrated pineapple and banana bites that pack a crunch and provide nutrition benefits, as well as Dole Wiggles Fruit Juice Gels, a wholesome and nutritious take on the classic treat crafted with 100% fruit juice.
- Beverages: Building on Dole's rich heritage in 100% Pineapple Juice and consumer desire for beverages with less sugar, Dole will introduce Dole Light Pineapple Juice Drink, with just 40 calories per can and 60% less sugar and calories than regular 100% pineapple juice. Dole is also rolling out Dole Pineapple Mango Juice, a tropical, sweet blend of pineapple and mango. And to support gut health, the soon-to-launch Dole Digestive Bliss Fruit Juice Drink is 50% fruit juice, boosted with plant-based macronutrients.
- Frozen snacks: Dole Boosted Blends Smoothies are being relaunched, delivering added protein, energy, and cognitive benefits. As well as new Dole Smoothie Bowls with exotic fruits like mango and mangosteen, and strawberry and aronia, plus the relaunch of Dole Acai Bowls.
- The Secret Nature of Fruit Chews and Probiotic Sodas, a new brand of functional fruit-powered vitamin chews and probiotic sodas.
- Frozen indulgences: Dole Whip, a tropical frozen treat, will soon be available in three flavors (pineapple, mango, and strawberry) at grocery stores.
"I am thrilled to work with this talented and driven group of women to bring innovative and delicious products to our consumers here in North America," Hodi said in the announcement. "We have made great progress towards the goals of the Dole Promise since it was introduced in 2020, but there is still much work to be done. I'm looking forward to making even more meaningful strides with this team of changemakers to bring sunshine and good nutrition to all."