At its annual shareholders' meeting on Dec. 14, the Paris-based foodservice giant announced its new brand tagline: "Sodexo. It all starts with the everyday."
According to Sodexo, the tagline reflects its belief that "taking action on the concrete things of everyday life can significantly improve the lives of people, communities and the planet, while reaffirming a strong and committed point of view on the impact of what Sodexo does every day, for today and tomorrow."
Held at the Seine Musicale auditorium in Boulogne-Billancourt, the international catering company's annual meeting was chaired by Sophie Bellon, chairwoman of the board of directors and interim chief executive, and attended by 2,428 shareholders.
Resolutions adopted at meeting
- Setting the company's dividend at €2 a share. The ex-dividend date of the coupon was Dec.17, 2021, and was paid on Dec. 21.
- The related-party agreement concerning the animation and services provided by Bellon SA to Sodexo, with a majority of 61% excluding the vote of interested parties, including Bellon SA.
- The renewal of François-Xavier Bellon’s mandate as director for three years.
- The appointment of Jean-Baptiste de Chatillon as new director for three years.
- The approval of all resolutions related to the remuneration of the directors, the chairwoman of the board of directors and the chief executive, including Denis Machuel’s departure package.
At the end of the meeting, Sodexo’s board of directors still comprised12 members, made up of four different nationalities, seven independent directors, seven women and two employee representatives.
Founded in Marseille in 1966 by Pierre Bellon, Sodexo today operates in 56 countries, serving about 100 million consumers a day through onsite services, It employs 416,000 people.