In its 2021 third-quarter financial report, dairy and plant-based leader Danone reported consolidated sales of €6.2 billion, up 3.8% on a like-for-like basis, led by a 4.6% increase in value and 0.8% decline in volume. On a reported basis, sales increased 5.8%, benefiting from a positive impact of exchange rates.
Danone third-quarter highlights
- Net sales of €6,158 million in the third quarter, up 3.8% on a like-for-like (LFL) basis, and up 5.8% on a reported basis.
- All categories contributing to growth with sustained strong momentum in EDP, continued recovery in specialized nutrition and waters segments.
- Higher inflation and supply chain pressure, greater focus on productivity and pricing initiatives
- Local First implementation on track.
- 2021 guidance reiterated: return to profitable growth in H2, and FY recurring operating margin broadly in line with 2020.
- Capital market event to take place on Mar 8, 2022.