(Baton Rouge, La.) – Pod Pack International, LLC, was honored at Spotlight Louisiana on March 14, 2019, by Louisiana Economic Development and Governor John Bel Edwards as one of 10 inaugural Louisiana Growth Leaders for its outstanding contributions to the local community and state. As an Honored Leader, Pod Pack was evaluated on select criteria including growth, strategy, leadership, culture, philanthropy and intangibles.
Through this network of honored leaders, Pod Pack will continue to have access to strategic business resources that benefit both the organization and state of Louisiana. Among these are customized leadership retreats, recognition events, networking opportunities, educational programs and additional technical assistance with the goal of accelerating the growth of Louisiana’s economy.
The following are Pod Pack’s key aspects that influenced its selection:
* Pod Pack’s annual growth has averaged over 20 percent since 2012.
* Over 95 percent of company revenue derived from outside the State of Louisiana
* Headcount nearly doubled during 2018 and is expected to continue to grow significantly over the next three to five years.
* Responsible for innovations such as Cold Brew One® pods, and is continuing to work on future innovations, such as a new retail pod brewing system.
* Company leadership volunteered extensive time and talent to Baton Rouge Young Entrepreneurs Academy.
* Has made the LSU 100: Fastest Growing Tiger Businesses for the past three years.
“Being acknowledged as an Honored Leader is a testament to all at Pod Pack,” said Tom Martin, President and CEO. “During the evaluation process, we were assessed on a number of categories that were developed and nurtured by our whole team. We aim to keep improving in each and support our community and the great state of Louisiana.” Over 350 growth-oriented companies that are part of the LED Growth Network were invited to apply for the award, and 22 finalists were also recognized at Spotlight Louisiana. For more information on this program and the list of selected 2019 leaders, visit https://www.opportunitylouisiana.com/louisiana-growth-leaders/.
About LED Growth Network: The LGN provides continued access to strategic business resources and growth opportunities. As more companies graduate from LGN’s Economic Gardening and/or CEO Roundtables, the Network is constantly growing both in terms of new companies and additional resources designed to accelerate growth. For more information, visit https://www.opportunitylouisiana.com/growth-network/.
About Pod Pack International, LLC: Founded 1996, Pod Pack manufactures single-serve coffee and tea pods for distributors in hospitality, food service and retail. Primary products include K-Cups and various forms of pods, such as pods for in-room hotels, office coffee service, espresso and cold brew. Pod Pack is considered a co-packer for branded coffee companies from small to very large.