NEW YORK, July 26, 2018 -- World Tea Expo, the leading tradeshow focused on advancing the business of tea, will take place June 11-13, 2019, in Las Vegas at the Las Vegas Convention Center (with a pre-conference program on June 10, 2019). The most recent World Tea Expo, held June 12-14 in Las Vegas (with pre-conference sessions June 10-11), attracted more than 3,500 attendees and more than 260 exhibitors from around the world. The 2018 event featured in-depth tea education, tastings and new products, and awarded some of the best tea leaders, companies and goods.
World Tea Expo 2018 presenter Rona Tison, executive vice president of corporate relations for ITO EN (North America) INC – one of the exhibitors and sponsors of the recent event – commented, "World Tea Expo was once again a great success for us with an impressive gathering of industry professionals, educational forums and exhibitors with innovative tea trends. It is by far the best B2B trade show to network and establish business relations to expand and broaden the ever expanding world of tea. With tea expected to exponentially grow in the coming years, it will continue to be the go-to for all things tea."
Bhavin Shah, head of finance and strategy at International Tea Importers, a World Tea Expo 2018 exhibitor and sponsor, noted, "World Tea Expo continues to be the only pure trade show designed specifically for the tea trade. At this year's show, ITI had many positive discussions with current and prospective customers and suppliers, as well as with industry professionals, regarding the advancement of the U.S. tea trade. Given the rapid growth of the tea industry in the United States, it's critical to have an annual gathering for professionals, and we look forward to World Tea Expo continuing to expand and enhance the show to facilitate a platform through which exhibitors and attendees can network."
Brian Keating, founder of the Seattle-based tea think-tank Sage Group and a World Tea Expo Advisory Board member, said, "World Tea Expo 2018 showcased new tea producing origins – Colombia and Thailand – and splendid innovation within tea brewing accessories. A record number of new educational session speakers covered topics from integrating tea into diverse food service establishments to processing freshly harvested tea plants. Overall, World Tea Expo remains the most dynamic place for the global tea trade to meet, network, sell and promote effectively, and we're already looking forward to the 2019 event."
World Tea Expo 2018 attendee and presenter Babette Donaldson, founder of the International Tea Sippers Society and author of The Everything Healthy Tea Book and The Emma Lea Books, said, "I felt like I was watching the future of the tea industry at the 2018 World Tea Expo. This year, in addition to the 3,500 attendees, the event had an amazing group of more than 100 students who attended the Tea Business Bootcamp, a World Tea Expo pre-conference program. The group was incredibly diverse and the questions about tea were lively and insightful. These attendees were creative and dedicated business people who were serious about taking the tea industry forward; they're the kind of attendees that make up our wonderful tea community. I can't wait until World Tea Expo 2019, and for what happens next in tea."
Samantha Hammer, the World Tea Expo event director and World Tea brand leader, said, "Thank you to the hundreds of attendees, exhibitors and sponsors who participated in World Tea Expo 2018. We look forward to seeing everyone at the event next June, as we continue to explore and build the global business of tea."
World Tea Awards 2018
World Tea Expo's 5th Annual World Tea Awards – which took place at the 2018 event – announced 15 award recipients. Winners include:
- Best Tea Health Advocate: Katharine Burnett, Ph.D., U.C. Davis
- Best Consumer-Oriented Tea Marketing Campaign/Promotion: International Tea Sippers Society – Sip for Peace, created by Babette Donaldson
- Best Tea Brewing Device (Electric, Battery Powered): Bonavita 1.0L Digital Variable Temperature Gooseneck Kettle
- Best Tea Brewing Device (Non-Electric): Mountain Tea tumbler by The Tea Spot
- Best Retail Tea Shop, Cafe, Bar: Camellia Sinensis
- Best Tea Accessory: Double Walled Glass Cups, Pavina Design 12 oz. Tea for One by Bodum
- Best Tea Publication: Global Tea Hut (Tea and Tao Magazine) – Aaron Fisher (Wu De)
- Best E-Commerce Tea Website: Camellia Sinensis
- Best Tea Trade Website (Wholesale): a tie between International Tea Importers and The G.S. Haly Company
- Best Specialty Tea Brand: The Tao of Tea
- Best Sustainability Initiative: Young Mountain Tea – Global Tea Exchange in India & Nepal
- Best Tea Blog: TeaForMePlease.com – Tea for Me Please by Nicole Martin
- Best Tea Educator: Suzette Hammond – Being Tea
- Best Grassroots Tea Education Campaign: Northwest Tea Festival – Seattle/World Tea Series
- John Harney Lifetime Achievement Award: Nigel Melican, managing director, Teacraft Ltd.
Global Tea Championship Winner's Tasting Circle
World Tea Expo 2018 also presented the Global Tea Championship (GTC) Winner's Tasting Circle, where attendees tasted and voted upon their favorite teas, and the winners received the People's Tea Choice Award. Entrants in the Global Tea Championship Winner's Tasting Circle were all previous winners from recent Global Tea Championship evaluations. GTC is an independent competition that evaluates and distinguishes the highest quality and best tasting specialty teas. This year, World Tea Expo attendees voted for the following winners, all of whom received the People's Tea Choice Award:
- Best Hot Green: Florapharm Tea USA, Organic Japan Tamaryokucha Gokase
- Best Hot Rooibos Tea: Florapharm Tea USA, Tropical Sunrise
- Best Unique Open Class Teas: Lumbini Tea Valley, Tippy Eve
- Best Hot Single Cup Tea: Cystal GeyserTejava Tea, Tejava Original Black Tea
- Best Hot Bagged Tea: Mighty Leaf Tea, Organic Chamomile Yuzu
- Best Small Batch Iced Tea: Florapharm Tea USA, Strawberry Guave Natural
- Best Hot Oolong Tea: Chazhou Chaoan, Lan Hua Xiang Honey Orchid Fragrance
- Best Hot Black Tea: Lumbini Tea Experts, Singharaja Wiry Tips
- Best Hot Herbal Tea: The Tea Spot, Tumeric Tonic
World Tea Expo 2018 sponsors included: International Tea Importers, ITO EN, QTrade Teas & Herbs, Bitaco Unique Colombian Tea, Dethlefsen & Balk, DMH Ingredients, FloraPharm, Haelssen & Lyon, Roobios Limited, Cirqua, Curtis, Finum, Flavor Waves, Hei Tea, Martin Bauer Group, Millenia Tea, Tea's Etc., The Tea Spot, TQY Trading Company, Tumblewood Tea, Walters Bay, BUNN, Harney & Sons and Owl's Brew.
World Tea Expo 2019 Set for June 11-13, 2019 (Pre-conference Program June 10)
Watch for information at WorldTeaExpo.com. And be sure to follow World Tea Expo on Twitter: @worldteamedia. Those interested in exhibiting or sponsoring World Tea Expo 2019 may contact the event organizers at info@WorldTeaExpo.com.
About Informa Exhibitions
With over 200 trade and consumer exhibitions annually, Informa Exhibitions is a global market leader in such end markets as Boating, Beauty, Construction & Real Estate, Life Sciences, Maritime, Health & Nutrition, Agriculture and Pop Culture. Through face to face and digital channels, its transaction-oriented exhibitions enable communities to engage, experience and do business. In doing so, Informa brings together people who want to buy and sell, network, do business and gain inspiration. Industry insight, coupled with an innovative and entrepreneurial approach, provides Informa Exhibitions customers and partners with the opportunity to create business advantage and access markets.