The National Automatic Merchandising Association announced the theme for National Vending Day 2022, “Imagine what vending can do,” and invited participation in the celebration on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn via the hashtag #VendingDay. National Vending Day is Thursday, March 3.
“The convenience services industry is rapidly evolving, with new technologies that allow operators to be an answer to consumer demands in more venues, yet traditional vending remains the cornerstone of the industry,” said Mike Goscinski, senior director, External Affairs. “National Vending Day is a celebration of the 40 million American consumers who make a purchase every day from an unattended retail outlet.”
NAMA will share on its social media accounts several illustrations by grade school students asked to imagine the future of vending. Created by the Tech Team at Poplar Tree Elementary School in Chantilly, Va., students used the online design platform Canva to envision the role of vending for their generation.
Those working in the convenience services industry are encouraged to use the hashtag #VendingDay to share pictures related to the theme, “Imagine what vending can do.” NAMA has posted toolkits on the National Vending Day website with more information about how to take part in the celebration.
NAMA operator members who take part in the social media campaign will be entered in a drawing for one full-access pass to the NAMA Show 2022, to be held April 6-8 in Chicago, plus hotel accommodations for one night during the show. NAMA operator members earn one entry in the drawing for each March 3 social post that includes the hashtag #VendingDay and originates from the operator’s individual social accounts or their company’s accounts. One prize will be awarded to a NAMA operator member.
NAMA will also offer two deals on the NAMA Show registration through Friday, March 4:
- NAMA operator members: NAMA operator members who register for the NAMA Show on March 3 or March 4 can unlock a special rate by using the promo code: VendingDay.
- Operator nonmembers of NAMA: One low price for NAMA Show registration and a one-year membership – for convenience services operators who are first-time show attendees and have not been a member of NAMA for at least five years.
In addition, everybody wins with a National Vending Day Webcast Marathon. NAMA will make three of its most popular webcasts available for on-demand streaming as part of the celebration:
- Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make it and Why the Rest Don't
- Cold Beverage Trends to Draw More Consumers and Sales
- Growth Opportunities: Meeting Consumers Where They Are Today