Hikvision, a world-leading manufacturer and supplier of security products and solutions that deliver high performance and value, showcased its lineup of video solutions at the National Retail Federation’s NRF 2023 Retail Show in New York City.
To address a range of retail industry challenges, Hikvision highlighted advanced technologies, including multi-sensor cameras, imaging in low and challenging lighting conditions, and advanced analytics, at practical cost levels for wide deployment.
“We’ve packed advanced technologies into every product we offer to help retailers boost loss prevention and marketing efforts,” John Xiao, vice president of marketing, Hikvision USA, said in the announcement. “Our customers face big challenges every day, and we are determined to leverage our retail strength to deliver cost-effective solutions that employ the best possible technologies to deliver the results they need.”
Hikvision’s HikCentral software platform integrates with video security, helping retailers to reduce costs and manage store locations from anywhere by viewing security footage from their smartphone or laptop.
Hikvision highlighted a variety of cameras and software with intelligent analytics and broad video security capabilities, including:
- iDS DeepinView Dome Camera with 2.8-12mm lenses: Features 6 switchable AI algorithms with queue detection that helps improve customer service with its intelligent analytics.
- Fisheye Heat Mapping: Expanded 360° panoramic images of environments and support for up to 18 live view display modes and H.265+ video compression. Heat mapping provides details about which retail displays are getting the most interaction from customers.
- TandemVu PTZ Cameras: A bullet and PTZ camera in one unit with integrated ColorVu technology, AcuSense, or DeepinView technology delivers wide-area coverage and detailed views with intelligent analytics.
- M-Series True 8K NVRs: Video recording, storage, transfer, and output of up to 8K images.
- 180-Degree Panoramic Cameras with ColorVu: 180-degree horizontal coverage with a dual lens, perfect for displaying a full, detailed picture. Available in two models, this camera series enables wide area coverage with 24/7 full color without extensive equipment and installations costs of traditional video security systems.
- HikCentral with NCR POS Integration: Point-of-Sale (POS) integration can be achieved with the HikCentral video management system (VMS) to manage multiple store locations, and potentially boost profits. Point-Of-Sale integration merges POS data with associated video, providing better visibility into financial transactions. Retailers can also utilize exception reporting to view trends and identify potentially fraudulent activity.