Celsius Holdings Inc. announced that global fitness drink CELSIUS has driven record revenue of $30 million, up 86% over the previous year.
Boca Raton, FL (August 6, 2020) – (Nasdaq: CELH) Celsius Holdings Inc., maker of the leading global fitness drink, CELSIUS®, today reported financial results for the three and six month periods ended June 30, 2020.
“Our strong momentum continued in the second quarter as we reached another quarterly sales record with revenue of $30 million all while continuing to invest in the business to support increased volumes and extend our runway for future growth while delivering net income of $1.6 million,” said John Fieldly, President and Chief Executive Officer. “We significantly expanded our DSD distribution network, focusing on completing regional zones which facilitates our national retail chain customers transitioning to DSD distribution in those areas. Our DSD network is now comprised of more than 135 regional DSD partners and has been growing at an accelerated pace, partly due to recent distribution changes in the energy drink category. Demand remains strong, and our brand continues to perform exceedingly well, significantly outpacing the growth of our peers across an expansive number of industry channels.”
2020 Second Quarter Financial Highlights:
- Record revenue of $30.0 million, up 86.3% from $16.1 million in the year ago quarter
- Domestic revenue increased 44.4% to $20.8 million, up from $14.4 million in the year ago quarter
- International revenue increased 441.2% to $9.2 million, up from $1.7 million in the year ago quarter
- Gross profit of $13.0 million, up 88.4% from $6.9 million in the year ago quarter
- Net income of $1.6 million compared to a net loss of $(1.5) million in the year ago quarter
- Non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA* was $2.6 million compared to $(15,000) in the year ago quarter
The full report may be viewed here.