Follett Corp. announced that all 15 Series ice-only dispensers are now ENERGY STAR® qualified. According to the release, using ENERGY STAR standards, these ENERGY STAR ice machines are on average 15 percent more energy efficient than standard models.
The 15 Series ice-only dispenser with an integral air-cooled ice machine producing up to 125 pounds of popular Chewblet® ice daily comes in countertop and freestanding models to meet any design application serving up to 50 people. Additionally, the 15 Series dispensers are:
- Compact – only 22.5 inches (57.2 cm) tall and 14.62 inches (37.1 cm) wide to conserve counter space
- Drainless - no drain is required, you can place the 15 Series anywhere there are water and electric utilities
- Sanitary – capacitive touch dispensing eliminates direct contact with ice
- Efficient – energy and water consumption is less than similar sized cube type ice makers
- Attractive – stylish design complements any work space
- Antimicrobial – Agion® antimicrobial treatment¹ of critical components inhibits bacteria and biofilm growth on the treated surface
- Refreshing – consumer preferred Chewblet ice and optional filtration provide high quality refreshment
At this point only ice-only 15 Series dispensers are eligible for ENERGY STAR certification since ENERGY STAR currently does not have a product specification for ice and water dispensers.