The National Confectionery Sales Association (NCSA) honored 13 industry veterans with induction into the Candy Hall of Fame on Oct. 19, 2013, with more than 360 people in attendance.
- Russell Berg , E.A. Berg Associates
- Robert Boutin, Knechtel, Inc.
- Robert Edelheit, Hanson Faso Sales and Marketing, Inc.
- Larry Graham, NCA
- Pat Huffman, The Warrell Corp.
- Michael Koch, Morley Candy Makers/Sanders Candy
- Keith McDaniel, Wythe Will Tzetzo LLC
- Michael Rainey, Liberty Orchards Co., Inc.
- Michael Rosenberg, The Promotion In Motion Cos., Inc.
- John Scardina, Eby-Brown Co., LLC
- Leo Tanis, Tanis Confectionery
- Dennis Witzel, Dennis Witzel Sales and Consulting
- Posthumously, William Luden, Luden throat drop brand
In addition, the NCSA recognized the industry dedication of Michael Gilmore, of Ferrara Candy Co., Inc. by honoring him with its Distinguished Service Medal. The 2001 Candy Hall of Famer received the award during the banquet.
The NCSA also honored top product introductions with its annual 'New Product Awards', recognizing innovation in six categories. The winning items were Twizzlers Bites from The Hershey Co., Jelly Belly Bean Tabasco Bottles from Jelly Belly Candy Co., Snickers Bites and 7-layer Dip Combos from Mars Chocolate North American, Lindor Caramel Milk Chocolate Truffles from Lindt & Sprungli (USA) Inc. and Warhead Super Sour Candy Canes from Impact Confections, Inc. Winners received crystal trophies, while other finalists received certificates of achievement.