The combination of proven market performance for coffee pods and the expiration of an important Keurig K-Cup patent in September 2012 has resulted in the new round of marketplace competition and opportunity tracked in Single-Cup Brew Beverage Products in the U.S.: Coffee Pods and Beyond (July 2013), a just-released report from Packaged Facts.
New, more sophisticated and specialized machine technology for single-cup keeps elevating the quality of the coffee brewed, while single-serve beverage manufacturers and marketers continue to introduce a wider array of beverages specifically designed for these machines, increasing the range of successful products and satisfied consumers. Although coffee beverages used in single-serve brewers still predominate, tea, cocoa and chocolate, hot and cold fruit drinks, and other wellness beverages are now available for single-cup brewers.
Single-Cup Brew Beverage Products in the U.S. spotlights the dynamic single-serve retail beverage market, featuring proprietary Packaged Facts consumer survey data to identify the types of single-cup brew beverages used, when and where they are consumed, and where they were purchased.
Report coverage includes the following:
- A discussion of the drivers fueling growth in the single-cup brew beverage market
- Single-cup brew coffee market size for 2013 through 2016 for the total and private label market
- Single-cup brew coffee market shares by manufacturer, brand and retail channels
- Review and discussion of single-cup brew product availability across channels and markets, detailing product assortment and pricing at 10 national retailer outlets across the United States
- Review of single-cup brewer model introductions and associated functionality and consumer benefits
- Review of new beverage introductions and partnerships with single-cup brewer manufacturers
- Insight into future single-cup brw product development focus
- A critical look at the environmental impact of single-serve beverages and initiatives to enhance sustainability
Brewers and beverages manufactured by or for Keurig, Starbucks, J.M. Smucker, Kraft, and Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (CBTL) are among the equipment and products analyzed in this report.
For more information, please click here.