NAMA announced registration is now open for its webinar exploring the impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and what it means for employers and employee benefits. The webinar will discuss health care reform, including the recent delay in the implementation of the employer mandate.
Attorneys from the law firm Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, LLP, as well as Eric Dell, NAMA’s senior vice president of government affairs, will host the webinar. It will take place on Wednesday, July 24, and the registration fee is $59.
“The ACA will cause significant changes to employer-sponsored health care, and it’s important for all employers to become educated,” said Joann DeNardis, NAMA’s director of education/certification, in a prepared statement. “Business owners and operators, human resources professionals and employers of any size are all encouraged to attend.”
The webinar will feature a Q&A session and cover a wide range of topics:
- An overview of the ACA and what it means for your employees’ health care coverage and organization’s bottom line
- The employer mandate rules, which employers are covered, and calculating noncompliance penalties
- Implications and potential strategies for small businesses with less than 50 employees
- The "safe harbor" reliance period for determining your number of full-time employees eligible for health coverage
- Potential ERISA, ACA whistleblower protections, and other employment litigation risks
- 2014 strategic planning for your business
“This webinar is the first of a new series that will feature topics ranging from general business to industry issues,” DeNardis said. “The effects of the ACA are wide ranging and this webinar should appeal to various stakeholders.”