USA Technologies, Inc. (USAT) announced the introduction of ePort Mobile, a mobile acceptance solution that gives retailers and other merchants the ability to accept credit and debit cards “on the go” through USAT’s highly secure, turnkey ePort Connect® service platform. USAT’s entry into the multibillion dollar mobile payments acceptance market leverages its fifteen plus years of industry leadership in converting traditionally cash-based, unattended retail businesses to cashless payments.
ePort Mobile will offer:
• Three levels of data security – credit card data is encrypted twice and is transmitted using a proprietary communication protocol;
• Durable, industrial grade card magnetic swipe reader option designed for commercial
• The ability to integrate ePort Mobile sales and transaction data with other USAT products, including ePort® G8, EDGE and SDK – one seamless reporting system for easy access to transaction and operational information across an entire business.
ePort Mobile customers, through USAT’s turnkey ePort Connect service, will also receive:
• Merchant account setup – no need for customers to establish their own merchant accounts;
• The automatic processing, settlement and transfer of money due to customers into their bank account;
• Online sales and reconciliation reporting that integrates into many existing accounting systems for easy settlement;
• 24/7 customer and consumer support for technical assistance and consumer billing inquiries;
• A simple, blended processing rate that takes the guesswork out of transaction fees; and,
• Access to other services as an integrated solution, including M2M telemetry services and the recently introduced prepaid and loyalty program.
USA Technologies Chairman and CEO, Stephen P. Herbert, said in a prepared statement: “USA Technologies’ leadership position in the industry was predominately built by making it easy for traditionally cash-based businesses to go cashless by offering a seamless, secure and turnkey way to accept cashless payments. ePort Mobile is a natural extension of that value proposition. ePort Mobile customers will be able to benefit from the same high level of service USAT is known for, while having access to all the sales and margin-building benefits a mobile cashless payment system can provide.”
According to an analysis of Banking Research Associates, the mobile merchant market is comprised of over 5.7 billion businesses representing $233 billion in traditionally check or cash-based revenue.
With 3,225 customers representing over 163,000 connections on our ePort Connect service today, this new offering comes, in part, at the request of customers who have expressed the need for an immediate payment solution for route collections, events, and other ancillary segments of their operations. USAT customers in the unattended space are already seeing how cashless offerings can improve their business results. Now, business owners requiring mobile credit and debit card acceptance can harness similar benefits through a mobile-based technology solution that can expand selling opportunities and reduce costs through less invoicing and improved collections.
“Perhaps more importantly, mobile acceptance through USAT’s ePort Connect service underscores our commitment to the rapidly emerging trends we are all witnessing every day in mobile-based consumer services,” continued Herbert. “Ensuring that our customers are well-positioned for those trends while driving more connections to USAT’s scalable service platform are core elements of our comprehensive mobile strategy. In fact, we believe ePort Mobile can drive connections to our service in a number of ways. Initially, we will focus on our core markets, such as kiosk and vending. In addition, we intend to broaden distribution of ePort Mobile through our various partners. Finally, a key element will include making certain software available to developers that makes it easy and seamless to direct their mobile applications to USAT’s ePort Connect service.”
ePort Mobile is currently entering into field trials with select customers, with pricing and availability to follow. For additional information, access the links below or contact a USAT sales representative at 800-633-0340.