Research and Markets announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book, "Coffee. Emerging Health Effects and Disease Prevention." The book presents a comprehensive overview of the recent scientific advances in the field. The book focuses on the following topics: coffee constituents; pro- and antioxidant properties of coffee constituents; bioavailability of coffee constituents; health benefits and disease prevention effects of coffee; and potential negative impacts on health.
Multiple chapters describe coffee's positive impact on health and various diseases: type 2 diabetes; neurodegenerative diseases (Parkinson's and Alzheimer's); cancer (prostate, bladder, pancreatic, breast, ovarian, colon and colorectal); cardiovascular health; and liver health. Coffee's positive effects on mood, suicide rate and cognitive performance are addressed as are the negative health impacts of coffee on pregnancy, insulin sensitivity, dehydration, gastric irritation, anxiety, and withdrawal syndrome issues.
Written by many of the top researchers in the world, Coffee: Emerging Health Benefits and Disease Prevention is a must-have reference for food professionals in academia, industry, and governmental and regulatory agencies whose work involves coffee.
Key topics include:
2) Coffee Constituents
3) Bioavailability of Coffee Chlorogenic Acids
4) Coffee and Alzheimer's Disease: Animal and Cellular Evidence
5) Coffee and Alzheimer's DiseaseEpidemiologic Evidence
6) Coffee and Parkinson's Disease
7) Coffee and Liver Health
8) Coffee and Type 2 Diabetes Risk
9) Coffee and Cardiovascular Diseases
10) Coffee and Cancers
11) Coffee Consumption and Mortality Risk
12) Is Coffee the Next Red Wine? Coffee Polyphenol and Cholesterol Efflux
13) Additional Positive Impacts on Health
14) Epidemiological Evidence for Maternal Prenatal Coffee and Caffeine Consumption and Miscarriage Risk
15) Acrylamide in Coffee
16) Impact of Coffee on Gastric Acid Secretion
17) Potential Mental Risks
18) Furan in Coffee
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qj5mm2/coffee_emerging_h