Results from two surveys of National Automatic Merchandising Association (NAMA) OneShow exhibitors and attendees indicate an unprecedented level of satisfaction with more than half responding that it was the best show ever, according to LyNae Schleyer, NCE, CMP, NAMA senior director of OneShow and education. The survey results, based on responses from hundreds of show attendees and exhibitors, are designed to help NAMA continue to enhance the OneShow experience.
Details from the survey include:
- 95 percent said attending the show added value to their business.
- 45 percent of responding operators said they placed an order on the show floor.
The show was a success for exhibitors as well:
- 98 percent said the show met or exceeded their expectations with quality and quantity of leads being very strong.
- 79 percent rated the quality of leads gather as either very good or excellent.
- 52 percent said this was the best show ever.
The survey results indicated that for attendees:
- 96.5 percent play a decision making role in the products and services purchased for their companies.
- 87.5 percent hold the title of director or above.
- 70 percent are over the age of 45.
The survey also confirmed that the operators attended the show to conduct business and place orders with 45 percent of the survey’s responding operators confirming they placed an order on the show floor. According to the survey, more than 96 percent of attendees either recommend or are responsible for final approval for the purchase of goods and services for their company.
In addition, several operators reported that the savings they experienced on show floor purchases more than paid for their trip to the OneShow.
Said Chris Bracher of Business Vending & Coffee Service in Campbell, Calif.: “This was my first NAMA OneShow and the saving I found through the vendors I met more than paid for my trip.”
“Post OneShow survey participation by both exhibitor and operator attendees is valuable feedback for NAMA in the evaluation and planning of next year’s event. Without detailed information from our members about what they liked or didn’t like it would be impossible for us to consistently deliver more value to the OneShow,” she added.
Schleyer also discussed the value of education at the show, saying, “The survey also indicated that seeing what is new, the education programs, and the trade show floor are the top three reasons for attending. In fact, 60 percent of the respondents indicated that they participated in an educational event.”
Many survey respondents took the time to share their views of the show.