Atom Creative Corp., a newly-formed manufacturer of a self checkout micro market, has teamed with Automated Services International Inc., a Charlotte, N.C.-based distributor of vending equipment, to market its “Revive Self Services Café” micro market in the U.S.
Atom Creative Corp. was launched in 2011 by Adam Arthur, who also operates San Diego, Calif.-based Revolution Vending. VendingMarketWatch reported on Arthur’s development of his own micro market on Dec. 7, 2011. At the time, he called the system “Greenbox Deli.” Arthur currently operates three Revive Self Service Cafés and plans to install six more in the near future.
The Revive Self Service Café will be displayed at the upcoming National Automatic Merchandising Association OneShow in Las Vegas at the Betson Enterprises booth, according to Joe Loparco, owner of Automated Services International.
Arthur cited the following operator benefits of his micro market system:
- We sell and support the Revive micro market kiosk only. We don’t require the operator to buy any of the peripherals from us.
- We do not charge commissions or residual fees.
- We will provide free phone and Web-based support, and free software updates for one year. We will continue to provide these services after the first year on a fee basis, and we will keep it reasonable and consistent with industry rates.
- We do not handle your money. An operator can use an existing merchant account or set up a new one.
- We do not require participation in data sharing. The company is developing products that will enable operators to take advantage of what product suppliers, and others, are willing to pay for operators’ point of sale data, but we don’t require operators to participate.
- As you convert existing vending accounts, we will offer trade-in values for surplus vending machines, thereby limiting your capital expenditure and better enabling you to place more markets.
- We are flexible and customizable. Both in terms of back-end compatibility and front-end marketing.
“I’ve put my heart and soul into the development of Revive,” said Arthur, “and now that it’s ready to take to market, there was never any doubt that I would entrust that job to Joe Loparco. He’s been a friend, mentor, and valued supplier since I started my vending company six years ago, and those qualities, coupled with his vast network of contacts throughout the industry, made the decision very easy.”
“I’ve been intrigued by micro markets ever since Avanti founders Aaron and Rick Speagle showed me their first Freedom Shop back in 2005,” said Loparco, “so when Adam invited me to the grand opening of one of his first Revive accounts, I was blown away by what he had created, and extremely gratified that he wanted me to be a part of it.”
“One of the many things that I’ve learned from serving the vending community for nearly 40 years,” continued Loparco, “is that operators want to make their own choices. Another thing I’ve learned is that once they’ve made and paid for that choice, they don’t want to additionally pay commissions for the privilege.”