Friday, April 27
Identifying and hiring ideal route drivers, 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Operators must insist that route drivers perform their jobs well and provide quality customer service since they are the "face" of vending to customers. However, good
drivers are often difficult to find and retain, resulting in high turnover and increased training costs for the company. This session will feature the results of a national study in which 200 route driver profiles were collected and analyzed in order to identify the key traits of the ideal route driver. It will also help operators learn how to hire for success.
In addition, the 2012 OneShow will again feature one of its most popular education tracks, “Leveraging Technology in Vending Operations,” on Wednesday, April 25, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. The session will provide new insights on the latest technology advancements that are transforming the vending experience.
Dr. Michael Kasavana, NCE5, NAMA-Endowed Professor at Michigan State University, will moderate this fast-paced panel discussion. Sponsored by Apriva, Cantaloupe Systems and Visa, the session will focus on innovative apps and digital media, the surge of micro markets, recycling and cash payment options, and more. Attendees will learn how to leverage the latest technology to increase profitability, reduce expenditures and gain a competitive advantage.
- Matt Caston - COO, 365 Retail Markets
- Jeff Mayoros - Senior project engineer, U-Select-It
- Randy Smith - CEO, LightSPEED Automation
- Gene Ostendorf - CEO, InOne Technology
- Glenn Butler - CTO, VendScreen
- Chuck Reed - Marketing director, MEI
- Anant Agrawal - CMO, Cantaloupe Systems
- Andrew Solomon – senior vice president, Bank of America Merchant Services
- Michael Lawlor – vice president, USA Technologies
- Chris Lilly - task force chair, NAMA
Other education programs returning to the OneShow lineup this year include:
- NAMA's supervisor development program
- NAMA's QCCP - Coffee fundamentals
- NAMA's QCCP - Brewing fundamentals
- Coffee and water service operator symposium with Jeff Deitchler
- NAMA's federal legislation updates
- Vending/Coffee Service 101 with Vic Pemberton
- Developing a focused growth strategy with Dr. Mark Frigo
- NAMA's operator perspectives
The OneShow is a destination for vending, OCS and foodservice operators who want a first-hand look at everything that's new in the industry. Register now at www.NAMAOneShow.org, and follow the OneShow on Facebook and Twitter and at the OneBlog for the latest news on the industry's annual event.