The Atlantic Coast Exposition drew a 15 percent increase in attendance last week at the Embassy Suites Kingston Plantation in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Scott Halloran, show chairman, said the show’s education seminars were well attended, the best one being on the new self checkout markets.
The 2011 booth awards are: Most attractive single booth: 365 Markets, first place; Pepsi Bottling Ventures, second place; Most attractive multi-booth: Lightspeed Automation, first place; MEI, second place; Most attractive mega booth: Vendors Supply Inc., first place; Vistar Corp., second place.
The 2010 award winners are:
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Ron Kerley, retired, Canteen Vending Services Inc., Greenville, S.C.
- Chairmans Award: Scott Halloran, Trolleyhouse Refreshments, Richmond, Va.
- North Carolina Vendors Association Vendor of the Year: Scott Denhard, Canteen Vending Services Inc., Charlotte, N.C.
- North Carolina Vendors Association Supplier of the Year: Doug Darby, Vendors Supply Inc.
- Virginia Automatic Merchandising Association Vendor of the Year: Carl Moser, Cardinal Industries, Ashland, Va.