The jury selected the “Vending Star” of 2011 from this group of nominees. The
announcement and presentation of the award will take place at the Rheinterrassen during the festive Vending Evening on 9th September 2011. The award-winner may take the specially designed sculpture home.
The jury also praised nine additional developments and concepts as outstanding innovations in the sector. These products will be presented at the special show “Eu’Vend Innovation Area,” alongside the innovations of the four nominees. These outstanding innovations are (in alphabetical order):
- BVS Büro Verpflegungs-Service GmbH – Public Vending Concept: The Public Vending Concept aims to increase the sale of products through vending machines nationally and to make selling products with vending machines profitable and easy for operators. It also aims to demonstrate that precision vending machine design, unlike basic requirement specifications, can achieve greater sales.
- clever-ID GmbH – Pick & Call Prepaid Card: The "Pick & Call Prepaid Card" is a SIM card with calling credit that is packaged in a container the size of a cigarette box and sold in vending machines. Thanks to first-call activation and a prepaid credit of EUR 5, customers can star calling straight away at the price of EUR 0.09 a minute or add any additional options, such as flat rate Internet.
- Crane GmbH – merchant: The "merchant" snack vending machine has an energy efficiency rating of A++, making it – according to company officials – 30 percent more efficient than comparable devices. A divider plate makes it possible to set up two different temperature zones so the vending machine can be used for snacks and beverages. Other benefits offered by the "merchant" include 50 percent higher selections than are seen in conventional snack vending machines and that up to 78 percent of its parts are reusable.
- Grub Café Handelsgesellschaft mbH – Chai Tea Classic: With "Chai Tea Classic" Grub Café is introducing the first-ever vending compatible chai tea as an instant complete product based on high-quality powdered skim milk. A selection of spices lends "Chai Tea Classic" the characteristic chai taste complemented by creamy milky goodness.
- Huhtamaki Alf – Vending Machine Cup TO GO: The "TO GO" vending machine cup is the first safe plastic cup with an 80 mm diameter for vending machines. An extra large version of "TO GO" is also available with a 300 ml volume and the classic version holds 200 ml. The plastic used also has the necessary stability and excellent insulation properties, giving the cup a gleaming design.
- MEI U.K. International Ltd. – Data Merge™: The money manager MEI CashFlow® 8000 integrates the new Data Merge™ function that captures the data read from an entire fleet of vending machines and payment systems into one file. Data Merge™ offers quick access to sales and diagnostics information as well as payment data as these can be downloaded in one fell swoop. The ID numbers and locations of the vending machines are also captured by Data Merge™.
- Mistral Constructeur – Easy CO2 cartridge: The "Easy CO2 cartridge" is part of the new "EVOPURE Water Cooler". The "Easy CO2 cartridge" can be changed by users themselves in just a few seconds without having to use any tools.
- Mitaca s.r.l. – Perla Machine C6: The new "Perla Machine C6" offers customers a selection of up to 10 different types of coffee and can be filled with a maximum of 180 capsules. It also has four instant holders and one sugar holder and dazzles with its 300-cup capacity.
- Klaus Rudolph GmbH – programmable cup dispenser: The programmable cup dispenser makes it possible for vending machine operators to use any cup they like in their vending machines for the first time ever. The diameter of the cups may be anywhere between 60 and 90 mm, be cone-shaped or have a lip and can be made of laminated paper or plastic.