The study is organized around the following major topics for each of the technologies:
- Executive summary
- Industry challenges and concerns
- Industry regulations and compliances
- Market forces: drivers and impediments (factors that will influence the long–term development of the market)
- Technology analysis
- Pricing analysis
- Geographic analysis and market sizes by geography and products
- Industry structure and market shares
- Company profiles.
Self–checkout systems are excluded from this research.
The geographical scope of this report is the global market.
This report is an exhaustive study of self–service technologies with crucial statistics and analyses of the market structure, market size, vertical segments, emerging and existing trends and technologies, major opportunities, and market shares of key players.
This report has been written for the entire retail community, including the following:
- Technology vendors, distributors, and component suppliers.
- System integrators, resellers, consultants, retailers, bankers and other stakeholders involved in the self–service industry.
- Financial institutions such as investment banks and venture capitalists.
- Analyst communities.
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. The findings and conclusions of this report are based on information gathered from technology vendors, retailers, customers, and integrators. The information obtained through primary interviews was compiled and analyzed with the information obtained through an extensive review of secondary sources. Secondary sources include books, newspapers, trade journals and publications, white papers, industry portals, company literature, trade associations, industry news and developments, and online databases. Information for our company profiles was primarily obtained from the companies themselves, especially the larger, publicly owned firms.
The base year of the report is 2010, with forecast data provided through 2015. Historical, base year, and forecast data are provided for each market segment of this report. Growth rates are determined through a compilation of data, including past trends, future trends, and market forces, such as market drivers and restraints and their impact, product acceptability, and replacement rate. All dollar projections presented in this report are in 2010 constant dollars