The European Vending Association (EVA) is preparing to inaugurate its first "Image of Vending" award, which will be distributed during the EurOps conference April 14 and 15, 2011, in Estoril, Portugal.
The "Image of Vending" award was designed to give recognition to innovation from every segment of the vending industry, where a marked improvement has been added to the global image of vending. The 2011 contest was open to products, services and initiatives introduced to the market since June 1, 2009, from EVA members and national association members.
The jury will include an international panel of industry experts. The 12 people representing the jury are from national associations, which comprise most of the countries present in the EVA's membership, ingredient suppliers, machine manufacturers, cup manufacturers, technology, operators, marketing reps, food experts, sales, training, vending press, communication and management.
The following will sit on the jury: Roger Williams from Coin-a-drink, U.K.; Cyril Raffy from Darea, France; José Bruna from Nestlé, Switzerland; Massimo Daolio -from Flo, Italy; Johann Wieland from N&W, Austria; Javier Arquerons from Alliance Vending, Spain; Chris Decroix from Peak Communications, Belgium;, Amanda Roberts from Auto Vending, U.K., Valérie Michollet from Sielaff, Germany; Dina Soliman from Selecta, Switzerland; Anna Livermore from MEI Group, U.K.; and Carlo Majer from Rheavendors, Italy.
The following companies and projects have been selected for evaluation:
- Alliance Vending: Earth Hour: Adding value to vending;
- Belgacom S.A/Mobile for: mobile payments;
- Benders Paper Cup Co.: Paper Vending - "Assisting Operators boost their profits";
- FrieslandCampina Benelux/Jaski Automaten BV: Campina Crush;
- Coges S.p.A.: Lithos Bill Validator;
- DaSilva Beans & Leafs B.V.: DaSilva Leaftender® - The new way of drinking tea;
- Hello Coffee Ltd.: "Hello Coffee - Drink&Smile!";
- H-Vend Service Kft.: NFD - Upgrade for the future;
- Lavazza: LB 1200 Galactica;
- N&W Global Vending S.p.A.: Rock Revolution;
- Quantis and Nestlé Professional: Nestlé Professional Footprinter;
- Rhea Vendors Group S.p.A.: New interface for luce X2 touchTV;
- Selecta UK Ltd: Grande Milano;
The jury is currently assessing and marking the projects, and the winner of the award will be announced at the EVA's next EurOps conference, which will take place on April 14 and 15, 2011, in Estoril, Portugal.
For information, contact EVA at: 44 rue Van Eyck, 1000 Brussels, Belgium; Tel.: +32 (0)2 650 05 63; Mobile: +32 (0)475 38 64 31; Fax: +32 (0)2 502 23 42; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Website: www.vending-europe.eu.